The Advantages of Soapstone Surfaces
If you are considering resurfacing your countertop you’re probably already aware of the many amazing materials on the market today that can add value to your home. While materials like marble, quartz or granite might first come to mind, you might want to consider soapstone as a countertop medium.
There are some huge advantages to using soapstone for your countertops and here is some of the top benefits that differentiate soapstone from its competitors.
- Unique décor: soapstone from around the world tends to look very different and comes in many different shades. No two soapstone countertops will look alike and you can quite often find the same types of patterns that you might find in a fine marble or beautiful detailed touches that you would find in natural stones wrote soapstone. It’s possible to get nearly any luck you are interested in with a soapstone construction. The decor touches from soapstone also make it blend perfectly with older homes as well as high-end luxury homes as well.
- Density: In spite of being easily scratched, soapstone is extremely dense. Soapstone countertops offer the same level of workability as a stainless steel kitchen which gives you the option to cook how you’d cook in a professional quality kitchen. Stains can be easily mopped up and because of the density bacteria has a lot of difficulty absorbing its way into the counter surfaces.
- Heat resistance: You don’t have to worry about damaging soapstone countertops by placing hot surfaces on them or staining them either.
- An environmentally friendly choice: some man-made options and service options are custom cut to figure kitchen which can lead to a lot of waste. Many of these materials also need to be coded in harmful chemical ingredients in order to seal them off and prevent wear. Soapstone is ready for countertop construction as soon as it comes out of the ground it can also be entirely recycled and reformed into new countertops. None of the soapstone will be wasted making this a much more environmentally friendly choice.
- An affordable option: depending on the variety of soapstone you’re interested in, it might be an affordable option to consider. Of all the natural stone countertops, soapstone is the easiest to maintain, without the need of professional assistance